Dress Code for Boys ~ Grades K-6
- Slacks – solid navy or khaki dress pants, properly fitted, with no elastic around the ankle or cargo pockets may be worn all year long.
- Shirts – light blue dress shirt, long or short sleeves may be worn. Jean shirts are not permitted. (Grades 1-6 only)
- Kindergarten boys wear blue long or short sleeve polo. (polo does not need school logo-kindergarten only)
- Navy tie (Grades 1-6 only)
- Solid blue sweater – or St. Rose sweatshirt may be worn in colder weather.
- Supportive sneakers or a safe dress shoe is required.
Dress Code for Girls ~ Grades K-6
- Plaid Jumper – no shorter than 2 inches above the knee for grades K-6.
- Plaid Skirt – no shorter than 2 inches above the knee (for grades 5-6 only).
- White Blouse, long or short-sleeved uniform style blouse with round collar must be worn and tucked in.
- Short or long sleeve collared polo w/school logo can be worn all year.
- Maroon, white or grey matching knee socks, ankle socks or tights are to be worn.
- Khaki dress slacks may be worn all year long.
- Maroon cardigan sweater or St. Rose sweatshirt may be worn in colder weather.
- Supportive sneakers or a safe dress shoe is required. (Clogs, jelly, platform, crocs, sandals, flip flops or high heeled shoes are not allowed.)
The following are not permitted for the girls:
- No make-up or lip-gloss, nail polish, fake nails or French manicures.
- No hoop earrings…only ONE pair of small, stud earrings is acceptable.
- No jewelry other than a watch or a religious medal.
- No under shirt (cami) should hang below outer polo or blouse.
- No colored cami or under garments.
Hair styles for both boys and girls, including Kindergarten, should not be trendy in nature. This includes, but is not limited to, mohawks, tails, spiked, shaved lines, dyes, highlights, or streaks. Boys’ hair length should be above the color. Crew cuts or brush cuts for boys are acceptable.
Optional Warm Weather Uniforms
May be worn during the months of September, October, May and June.
- solid navy or khaki dress shorts, no cargo pockets
- Light blue collared polo shirt embroidered with school name must be purchased From St. Rose of Lima School. (Grades 1-6) Kindergarten students do not need to have school logo on polo.
- Khaki skort (purchased from French Toast on line @ www.frenchtoast.com.)
Gym Uniform Attire:
Students in grades K-6 are required to wear the St. Rose School gym uniform of tee shirt, shorts, sweatshirt and sweatpants. Supportive sneakers are required. Please label all uniform pieces.
There will be a Uniform Code Violation Form (p. 30-31 Handbook) sent home to parents upon the 2nd violation. The teacher and administration upon receipt of the 2nd written notice will request a conference with the parent.
All spirit-wear items, including hoodies, are NOT part of the uniform Dress Code or the Gym Uniform policy. Spirit Wear will not be permitted to be worn during the school hours. They may be worn to and from school.
The St. Rose source code is QS4J5Q. Local department stores also carry French Toast.
Maroon collared polo shirt embroidered with the school name must be purchased from St. Rose of Lima School.
**Please note: Khaki dress slacks may be purchased locally, as well as uniform blouses with a rounded collar.